The Become An Upstander Program, offered by The Center for Social Impact, provides schools with the fundamentals to build a real strategy for long-term positive social change. This is accomplished using tools that are based on cutting edge research and best practices. We assess school climate, student social culture, peer victimization trends (bullying, cyber bullying and teen dating violence) and student use of technology. We equip school staff to use the results to answer the “Now What?” question.
- Not a curriculum or convocation, but a long-term strategy
- Research based using proven methodology
- Provides guidance for improving social culture and increasing school safety ultimately leading to better academic performance
when they presented our data from the survey to us, the students were able to see for themselves that there are other students just like them willing to make the right decision, they then felt empowered by knowing they were THE MAJORITY -middle school asst. principal
We offer training!
Our seminars include one or more 1-hour session(s) for students, youth serving professionals, educators and/or parents:
- Upstander training for students
- Understanding victimization
- Building student led positive social norming campaigns
- Building multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding your school climate
- Growing empathy and resilience in young children
- Cyber bullying and online victimization
- Peer victimization prevention strategies for schools
- What is peer nomination and how is it used?
- Internet safety for parents
*Pricing based on number of one-hour sessions ($500 per session with discounts for multiple sessions in one day) and travel costs (when applicable). Fees vary. Please contact us for additional information.